White Chicken Chili



This rainy fall weather called for some delicious soup and cornbread muffins for dinner tonight. I think the only thing that would make this dinner better would have been to be served in the bowls from the new Pioneer Woman line. I'm so in love with everything and keep adding it to my cart- I've actually gone to Walmart for it- and I do not love going there! I don't have any specific recipe for the cornbread muffins. In fact, my go to is the super easy and super cheap mix from Jiffy- they turn out great every time. As soon as I take them out of the oven, I brush them with melted butter and cut a slit in the center and pour a bit of melted butter down inside. Yum! The soup recipe is down below and this is a great recipe to make in the crockpot as well. Happy Fall!

Saute in 1TBL. oil:
- 1/2 white onion, diced
-6 garlic cloves, minced

Add onion and garlic into pot with:
-1 lb. chicken, cooked and shredded
-1 7 oz. can diced green chiles, drained
-2 15 oz. cans white beans, undrained
-4 C. chicken broth
-1 teas. chicken bouillon granules
-2 teas. ground cumin
-2 teas. dried oregano

Simmer 30-45 minutes.

Prior to serving add and stir until melted through:
-1 C. sour cream
-3 C. Monterey Jack cheese, shredded




Comments

Popular Posts